Sunday, April 09, 2006

Fireflies


I awoke on board the ship, apparently missing Gaia's epic battle with the Dark Phoenix. I had no clue what had happened, and while everyone gawked over the heroic young woman I made my way to one of the ships windows, staring out.

I saw what can only be described as a faint outline of fire, wafting back down to earth. I would have told everyone, but I was so hoping that Jean was not really dead. And now I know she's not. But if this is a good thing, or not, is left to be seen.

I hope the new Jean doesn't go crazy. Maybe some of our other resident telepaths would know what could possibly become of this faint remnant of the Phoenix Force.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Stepford Cuckoos said...

Are you insinuating something Mr. Worthington?

We are not next in line to go crazy.

Possibly insane.

But not exactly crazy.

Be glad you are pretty.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I'm certainly glad you have made a speedy recover, Warren. Dark Phoenix wasn't pulling any punches with you. I had hoped that seeing you, a trusted friend, might bring Jean out of it but that didn't work. It makes me think the Cuckoos are right about this not being the real Jean.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home